Updated: 20 February 2019
- You sign up for my monthly newsletter;
- Purchase a product;
- Sign up for future notifications.
If you have any questions about data of yours that I hold please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data I collect
Your personal information is collected in the following ways:
- When you email me directly;
- Order a product;
- Subscribe to a mailing list;
- Comment on my blog posts;
- Sign up for any digital downloads;
- Automated technologies or interactions.
When you opt in to my mailing lists I collect your name and email address. This information is held in MailChimp and is protected by a password.
I use Google Analytics to monitor traffic on this site, which may collect your location information, pages accessed, and IP address. This information is password protected and stored in Google Analytics.
When you purchase my eBook I collect your name, email address, and IP address. This data is held within PayPal and WordPress, both of which are password protected.
How I use your information
I will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where I need to perform the contract between us;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- I may use the information to improve my products and services;
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me at email@example.com.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law I must keep basic information if you purchase a product or service of mine (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
If you have subscribed to my mailing list your information will be kept until you notify me otherwise; you have the right to be forgotten so contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your data to be destroyed.
Sharing your data
Under no circumstances is your data ever sold or rented to a third party.
I may share your data in the following circumstances:
- To service providers and affiliates who assist in the delivery of my products and services;
- To third parties if I believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply my terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of myself or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site I do not have any control over third party websites. I am not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these sites, and these websites are not covered by this privacy statement. Please exercise caution and read the privacy information applicable to the website in question.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
I will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to prevent fraud and increase website security. I will use the persistent cookies to enable my website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of my website.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
Gaining access to your data
You the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal information I hold, please contact me. You also have the right to be forgotten, so you can contact me to request the data I hold be destroyed.
If at any point you believe the information I process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how I have handled your personal data, you can contact me at email@example.com and I will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with my response or believe I am processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please contact me first so that I can investigate the matter and try to resolve it first.